Key Lime Chia Pudding
I first tried a version of this at Summerhill Market where they sell little chia pods for a small fortune. So, I scoured the web looking for an EASY version to make on my own. This is a recipe I have adapted from a parfait I found online.
It includes spirulina as an option. Spirulina will give the pudding a vibrant green colour. It is also a powerhouse of nutrition and high in protein, B12, iron and antioxidants.
If you don’t like the flavour of coconut, use almond milk and top with crushed nuts or seeds.
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup almond or milk
1 whole avocado
¼ cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tso lime zest (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
¼ tsp spirulina (optional)
Shredded coconut, granola and sprig of mint (optional toppings)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until avocado is smooth.
- Let the mixture set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Top with unsweetened shredded coconut, a fresh lime wedge and sprig of mint.
- You can simply have as a meal or in a small bowl as a treat – top with granola and coconut if you feel like it
- If serving guests, make a parfait! In a clear, short glass, use a few tablespoons of granola at the bottom, add chia pudding and garnish with shredded coconut.
Brought to you by guest post Vanessa Bond, CNP